Scalextric and DiSCA present the ARC Pro Digital Challenge
Scalextric have joined with DiSCA to present you with two days of digital BTCC action. Taking place on the 24th-25th August at the Hornby Visitor Centre, we are giving you the chance to compete for the title of touring car champion and a selection of prizes you won’t want to miss out on.
There will be a series of intense races over the course of the weekend, ensuring an eventful few days. Make your way down for the Arrive and Drive on the Saturday where you will take part using equally prepared and shared Scalextric BTCC cars, complete with a magnet. On the Sunday it will be time to take things up a notch by racing your own cars to claim the top spot, using cars with the traction magnet removed.
The circuit will be a two-lane replica of Brands Hatch with working pit lane. The races will be using Scalextric ARC Pro and ARC Pro wireless throttles, all supplied at the event. Taking place in the Hornby Visitor Centre’s Make and Paint room, both days will run identical schedules which will include a warm-up, qualifying session and three separate races.
The races will be organised into groups, with race three on a reverse grid for the top ten drivers. The points collected from each race will determine the overall positions.
Eligible cars and regulations for the Sunday are as follows:
- Any Scalextric BTCC model released since 2016; BMW 125, Honda Civic, MG-6, VW Passat.
- Must be fitted with unmodified C8515 digital chip & hatch.
- Traction magnet must be removed.
Rear tyres must be Slot.it PT24 P6 19 x 10.
- Front tyres, cables, braid and body screws are free choice.
- MG and VW may have interior tray replaced with BLACK vac-form and ORIGINAL driver’s helmet. Interior must cover the full cockpit area so that no mechanical parts are visible through the windows.
- Interior tray bearing retainer may be removed.
All other components must be standard fitment.
- Minimum weights: 25.0g body, 75.0g total.
There will be some incredible prizes for the top three racers of both days, which will include a range of Scalextric goodies and tickets for the final race of the BTCC season at Brands Hatch.
To be in for a chance to win you must make sure to register for the event by 9th August. Tickets will be payable on the day for just £5 for adults and £2.50 for under 16’s. To register for the event please fill in the Google form here.
© Hornby Hobbies Ltd. All rights reserved.